Industry Trends 2023
Cyber Security is a massively growing Thing – Stay Informed about the Latest Developments
- Escalated Geo-political Cyber Tensions: The ongoing Russian and Ukrainian War have contributed to heightened cyber tensions worldwide.
- Influence of Social Media Applications: The widespread usage of social media apps continues to have a significant impact on various aspects of society. However, certain countries are imposing restrictions on popular apps like TikTok.
- Espionage: The act of spying and unauthorized access to sensitive information remains a concerning issue across industries.
- From Voluntary Guidance to Mandatory Compliance: There is a growing trend towards transforming voluntary security measures into mandatory compliance requirements. This is happening overseas – think of it as the health & safety of cyber security.
- Importance of Cyber Security Insurance: Organisations now require evidence of robust cyber security policies to obtain cyber security insurance. Compliance with multi-factor authentication (MFA) and comprehensive staff training is crucial.
- Third Party Risk Management: With increasing interconnectivity, it is essential to thoroughly assess, and question third parties involved in supply chains to mitigate potential cyber risks.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Impact: AI is being employed by threat actors to launch more sophisticated spear phishing attacks and develop advanced malware.
- Emerging Skills Gap: The demand for highly skilled cyber security experts is outpacing the available talent pool, leading to a shortage of qualified professionals.
- Burnout and Constant Response: The evolving cyber landscape requires organisations to maintain a 24/7 readiness for immediate response, leading to increased stress and burnout among cybersecurity professionals.
Cyber Threats 2023
Stay Ahead of Evolving Threats
- Business Email Attacks: Approximately 90% of cyber threats originate from deceptive emails. Thus, fostering education and awareness about email security is critical.
- Credential Attacks: Cybercriminals are increasingly targeting additional layers of security, including multi-factor authentication (MFA), to gain unauthorized access.
- Rise of Ransomware Attacks: Instances of ransomware attacks have surged by 627% and continue to grow, posing significant risks to organisations’ data and operations.
- Evolving Living off the Land (LOTL) Attacks: Highly sophisticated cyber-attacks, such as those leveraging memory files, have become increasingly difficult to detect and mitigate, necessitating advanced security measures.
Stay vigilant and implement robust security practices to protect your organisation from these emerging cyber threats in 2023.
FISHEYE IT SPECIALISE IN CYBER SECURITY – if you want to know more simply email us at email@example.com or call on 0800 FISHEYE and we can discuss how we can help.